Dogecoin is the New Bitcoin — 10 Steps to Mining Your Own Doge In 10 Min
Here’s How To Mine Dogecoin With The App unMineable
In 2018 I wrote an article on SeekingAlpha speculating that 1 bitcoin could be worth $4M one day. At the time Bitcoin was valued at $18,000. Today it’s valued at $60K. Max Keiser, the King of Bitcoin, thinks it will be worth $200K by the end of 2021.
At the time my followers on SeekingAlpha laughed. They told me I was crazy. I told everyone I could (family, friends, followers), but most people just patted me on the head.
Who’s laughing today?
This isn’t a game, it’s real. Bitcoin holds real value — the kind of value that can buy houses and feed the hungry. Tangible value.
So now it’s time to get in on the dogecoin train.
I can’t tell you why, but big social players like Mark Cuban and Elon Musk are backing dogecoin. These men have a large following on Twitter AND a lot of money to invest.
You may be saying, “I don’t want to buy something that’s driven by social memes,” but social memes rule the world. They are the best way to market anything, including crypto. And when you have names like Mark Cuban and Elon Musk spreading the word, it lends both credibility and reach.
Detractors: “Dogecoin is available in unlimited quantity”
True, but this is also what keeps Dogecoin’s processing fees so low. Whenever Bitcoin goes up, Dogecoin follows suit because folks use it to trade bitcoin when Bitcoin’s fees get out of hand.
Detractors: “Dogecoin can’t compete with bitcoin”
False, bitcoin was first to market. That’s its claim to fame. However, the underlying technology is the same. Bitcoin isn’t better than dogecon in terms of its technology, but its popularity. And now, dogecoin is gaining in popularity with the techno cool crowd.
Somehow, like Bitcoin, Dogecoin has become a movement.
The crypto community is funny like that. They took a spelling mistake and turned it into the crypto anthem “HODL”. Likewise, the bitcoin story is noble, but the dogecoin story is funny and quirky. As a result, it’s gained a cult like following among the masses of people you’ll find in Reddit sub-groups. This is the same group that took Gamestop to all new highs to the dismay of large hedgefunds. They are all laser focused on making dogecoin KING CRYPTO.
So how can you earn dogecoin?
I recommend a site called unMinable. It is specifically for coins that are “unminable” like dogecoin. It is also very user friendly.
10 Steps to Mining Your Own Doge In 10 Min
1) You need a dogecoin address. You can download Exodus, my favorite cryptocurrency wallet, or you can use any dogecoin wallet you want. Copy your wallet address.
2) Go to the Unmineable site to download the application.
Note: You don’t have to use a referral code when signing up, but if you use a referral code, you will get .25% off the 1% mining fee. So be sure to share your referral code with others.
My referral code is: k10w-nbrd
3) Download the “packed” version by right clicking and saving. If you left click, it will loop you back into the website.
4) Go to the folder where the file was saved and make sure you EXTRACT ALL first. This is very important. If you don’t extract all first, it won’t load.
6) Once extracted, click on the file and the app will run.
7) Click Continue.
8) Choose between a graphics card (GPU) or CPU. I recommend CPU usage unless you have a newer model GPU. Good news is, you can use this app on old laptops and old computers as well.
9) Follow the directions, select your coin, put in your dogecoin wallet address.
10) Click start and it will start in low intensity mode.
That’s it. You are now mining dogecoin.
You may want to send the app to your desktop for easy access.
I’m also working on a list of doge faucets so stay tuned.
Update: Go here for Dogecoin Faucet Strategy